Heart of America: T-minus 4 Days
This shit snuck up on me big time. Which is weird, because it’s all I can think about, talk about, or dream about (yeah it happend). The first WOD of Heart Of America is Friday Nov 2nd at 6:30 pm. That leaves…102 hours total before WOD #1 kicks off. In that time I have ambitious plans to do daily mobility, some mental exercises, and even a few WOD’s. Part of this plan is my preparation. I made a list, a huge fucking list, of everything to bring, buy, or borrow before I leave on Friday morning. I won’t go through the whole thing, but since this is my first competition away from home I thought it would be good to a) share with people the experience and b) see if anyone would recommend anything additional or different. I split the list into 5 categories; Food, Clothes, Gear, Supplements, and Extras.
Food is fuel, and this weekend will require a lot of fuel.
- Coconut flakes
- Coconut water
- msg & sugar free Jerky
- Dried fruit
- A couple Larabar’s
- maybe some canned tuna
Walk the walk
- Sweat pants, lots of sweatpants
- WOD shorts, shirts, socks
- CF STL shirts – represent my home box
- Hoodies, can’t be getting cold post-WOD
- Nano’s, Romaleos II, and some Nike Free’s for between WOD’s
A man and his tools – a beautiful thing
- My Rogue jump rope – though DU’s aren’t on the scaled list
- Voodoo floss – lovely joint compression
- Monster bands – great for shoulders and hammies
- Lacross balls – feet and shoulders
- Tape, Rock Tape, Hand Salve
- Grid roller
- Water bottles
This one is a tough category as Paleo opinions differ and there’s a ton of marketing out there Progenex, BSN, SFH etc..
- Vitamins, CLA, Fish Oil
- Iso-ology, whey isolate has far less lactose, I tolerate it very well
- BCAA for between WOD’s
- Coconut Water – also between WOD’s
- ZMA – for rest and recovery
- Green supplement – every morning no matter what, do nothing different right?
- EmergenC – immune support under stress
- My computer – naturally where would I be without this
- My phone – instagram addict here, ready for WOD’s
- My tablet – Nexus 7, great for being mobile
- Headphones – nothing like some pre-WOD music to focus the mind
How’s my list? See anything missing? Let me know!